We are thrilled to be a recommended product and brand on the Graco website as the go to eco-friendly wet wipe for peace of mind on messy days indoors and out this summer. We were proud to be recognised alongside LittleLife, a brilliant company that caters particularly for adventurous families and Bloomsbury Mill, who sells gorgeous organic bedding and nap mats perfect for travelling.
Travelling with baby
Graco has launched a microsite full of parent tips and baby gear recommendations to reassure new and experienced parents that caring for a young baby can be stress free whether staying at home or ‘staycating’ away.
Graco turned to its 18,800 social media followers to get insights on how new parents feel about travelling with children, especially while international travel is still rather compromised, and more families are choosing a stress-free alternative of holidaying in the UK.
The majority of parents who responded to the questions had waited till their child was aged over three months before they headed away from home overnight and three quarters had opted to take their own gear away with them. 55% told Graco that they took their own equipment for a ‘home away from home’ experience, 79% of the parents did not prepare their baby for holiday routine changes, and 65% opted for ‘holiday rules’ not attempting to keep little one in a routine.
The website includes helpful product reviews and tips on packing and travelling with baby from Dadsnet, Mother & Baby, My Baba and a variety of talented Instagram influencers. It really is a one-stop destination to help new parents who might be anxious about their first trip away with baby, feel more at ease.
Here’s Aqua Wipes 5 Top Tips for travelling with young children:
- The British weather can be unpredictable at all times. When travelling with little ones remember to pack your stroller raincover and a set of super large muslins. When it’s hot, a large muslin will keep baby cool inside of the stroller and out of the sun’s glare – which a parasol can’t always achieve – and can protect baby when out of the stroller for feeding.
- It’s difficult to stay in a bedtime routine, but you will want your baby’s borrowed nursery to be cool and calm on balmy nights. Keep doors, windows and curtains closed through the day to keep the room temperature as low as possible for bedtime – remember the perfect room temperature for a baby is 18 degrees. Any hotter than 20 degrees and little ones should sleep only wearing a nappy and light cotton vest.
- If your little ones love a bedtime story, you can literally not take enough books! They will want to select each night, so for a 7-day holiday take at least 10 books to avoid disappointment! Stow them in the footwell or the back seats.
- Consider taking a play pen-come-travel cot for little ones so you can be sure they are safe in new surroundings. Our friends at Graco have just launched FoldLite: the most lightweight travel cot with a 2-way fold and super space-saving qualities. It will give you peace of mind, in baby’s safe place and home away from home while you all find your bearings.
- Take a pack of Aqua Wipes Travel Wipes for days out. They are the perfect accompaniment to sandy and sticky days, or to gently soothe a sleepy baby in warm temperatures – try dabbing a wipe onto their wrists or the crook of their neck and gently blow it dry to cool baby’s skin.